Even the smartest among us are still making mistakes. The good news? They’re easy fixes. Let’s watch out for these eco-beauty errors.
1. We’re still buying own brand makeup eyelash and skincare products packaged with non-recyclable materials. As handy as plastic jars are, glass is easier to re-cycle.
If you must use plastic (glass bottles falling on a tiled bathroom floor are dangerous), become familiar with the recycling number system. Containers which are marked 1 or 2 are easier to recycle than those numbered from 3 to 7. Find the number on the bottom of the jar, next to or inside the triangle recycle logo. Sometimes the information is pressed into the plastic instead of printed, so you might need a bright light and your glasses.
If you can’t find the number on the product or the box it comes in, at least look for the circular arrow logo, which indicates a recyclable material. Still can’t find it? Just email the company and ask, by going to the company’s website and looking for a “contact us” button.
2. Let’s bring our eco-awareness to work with us. It’s not just in the home that we can make a difference. Less waste can also help your company’s bottom line.
3. Before buying a new own brand makeup eyelash or body lotion, remember to run questionable ingredients through your search engine to check for toxicity. Everything you put on you or your children’s skin, including hair products, can be absorbed into the bloodstream.
4. Remember to bring a re-usable shopping bag to the store with you. Every time. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive. It can be as simple as re-using a plastic or paper bag, or dusting off an unused tote.
5. Make a list and buy all cosmetics, shoes and clothes in one trip, instead of many.
6. Companies are marketing disposable beauty aids – and we’re still buying them. We don’t need disposable makeup remover cloths when a washcloth will do just as well. We can even cut back on cotton swabs and facial tissue, using foam own brand makeup eyelash wedges instead.
7. When shopping for new own brand makeup eyelash, remember to bring with you a list of green cosmetics companies.
8. Old clothes that are too used for donation can be cut up and used as wash and cleaning cloths. Depending on the size of the fabrics, they can also be used for the kids’ crafts projects, re-sewn into table runners, or made into small couch throws.
9. Even if a box is recyclable, excessive packaging is unacceptable. Something small to protect a product from being opened, or a box that’s already made of recycled material, is fine. But boxes within boxes, cardboard shelves within the box to make a small jar appear larger, even tissue paper used to wrap cosmetics at the department store – are all wasteful.
10. In addition to checking the ingredients for toxicity, too many of us are still buying lotions and potions that require the abuse or death of an animal in their creation or testing. Beauty involves compassion. There’s no way we can be truly beautiful if it’s at another creature’s expense.
None of these eco ideas are difficult or time consuming. We just need to joyfully make them habits; parts of our daily and corporate lives. We have already made a huge dent in the way the world does business. Let’s use that as momentum to do even own brand makeup eyelash.
Article Source: zvhair